
Friday, July 31st, Dan & I drove to Moeraki which is about an hour up the coast from Dunedin. We ate at one of our favorite places. Fleurs Place a restaurant right on the waterfront at the old jetty. Their specialty is fresh fish straight from Moeraki Bay fishing boats.

It was a great day - lots of sunshine and not too chilly. From where we sat, we could watch the fishing boats while enjoying our tasty fish.

We shared the shellfish linguine which was packed with shellfish...scallops, mussels, clams, and other things I haven't seen this side of a beach. It was all very tasty.

I saved the sea snails for Dan. They looked a little too much like slugs for me, and I didn't know how to get them out of the shells.

The owner helped us out by providing toothpicks and a large dishtowel to catch the sea snail juices.

Sea snail meet toothpick.

So basically, you use the toothpick to pry out the sea snail.

Lovely. A giant slug. Notice the fear in Dan's eyes.

Down the hatch! And I can truthfully say that I also tried one (a very small one), and it was fine. Dan gobbled up the rest of them with the pasta.

And we leave Fleurs satisfied after another food adventure in New Zealand.
No comments:
Post a Comment