Sunday, March 30, 2008

Movie Time

This last Saturday, Danny & I finally went to the cinema right next to our apartment to see a movie. I think it took us about 30 seconds to walk there. Of course the show we wanted to see was sold out; we saw “Gone, Baby, Gone” which is on DVD already in the US and just showing at cinemas here. When you get a ticket here, it has an assigned seat on it which everyone basically ignores.



I think it’s interesting to see what people eat at the cinema. Almost no one eats popcorn at the movies here. Mostly people were eating chocolate-covered ice cream cones. We were trying not to laugh…it just seemed so odd to try to eat an ice cream in a darkened theater while watching a movie. I can just imagine getting chocolate all over my face. There weren’t a lot of Skittles or JuJu fruits; just paper bags of assorted “lollies” which means any sort of candy here. You could get fresh coffee though.

No comments: