Now we are having a bit of a race with these. Dan's is on the right, beating me. Of course, he did get the benefit of starting the red part after I had already knit the gray part of his. The yarn here is labelled funny too - this DK weight yarn is called 8 ply. They do have some beautiful yarns though - mostly merino of course, but a merino/possum blend is also popular. Pocket already seems to be enjoying the afghans even if these are knit with synthetic. I'll save the fancy yarns for something smaller than an afghan.
Monday, March 17, 2008
The knitting race
Once we realized it's late summer and the temps are dropping fast, we decided to knit a few afghans to curl up with at night. Our apartment is actually pretty warm most of the time, but I know this weather won't last. I just got some yarn from Kmart (similar to Red Heart, I suppose) and started knitting a diagonal pattern. Danny needed something to relieve the PhD stress and wanted to make one too (oops, don't tell anyone Dan knits; he's trying to be a tough kiwi).

Now we are having a bit of a race with these. Dan's is on the right, beating me. Of course, he did get the benefit of starting the red part after I had already knit the gray part of his. The yarn here is labelled funny too - this DK weight yarn is called 8 ply. They do have some beautiful yarns though - mostly merino of course, but a merino/possum blend is also popular. Pocket already seems to be enjoying the afghans even if these are knit with synthetic. I'll save the fancy yarns for something smaller than an afghan.
Now we are having a bit of a race with these. Dan's is on the right, beating me. Of course, he did get the benefit of starting the red part after I had already knit the gray part of his. The yarn here is labelled funny too - this DK weight yarn is called 8 ply. They do have some beautiful yarns though - mostly merino of course, but a merino/possum blend is also popular. Pocket already seems to be enjoying the afghans even if these are knit with synthetic. I'll save the fancy yarns for something smaller than an afghan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good knitting race, you guys! Who is gonna win? I would like to try my hand at knitting with possum...pretty weird. Happy Easter!
Shana
Ha ha...Dan's a knitter!
Post a Comment