Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hourglass Cardigan

The hourglass cardigan is almost finished. It's only been a month since I started but the thicker wool helped make it knit up super fast. Pocket and Pick (Pocket's new friend, a pig) are helping model the sweater.


I knit it in the round using a steek in the center -- I haven't cut it yet; I need to convince myself it won't unravel. And I have to find a crochet hook to bind the sides of the cut.


I'm not totally happy with the yoke; I tore it down once already. At first it was too high and now it seems sort of sloppy around the shoulders. Part of the problem is the "boat neck" pattern of the original hourglass sweater which sort of makes for a larger opening.


Pocket is keen to show off the invisible underarm grafting. I found a video showing how to do this on a knitting website since I can't seem to understand written directions for this technique.


I added seed stich at the top of the sweater and along the sleeves and bottom border. I like the way it looks so far. I have to find some buttons and make a button band for the front. It's a sort of plain sweater with plain NZ wool, but I think it is turning out okay. More updates to come

No comments: