The sweater is almost done. This weekend I crocheted around the steek stiches on the front of the sweater (in white). This required me to find a crochet hook -- the shop was closing & they just barely let me in to buy it. It was 3pm Saturday, and everything was closing down. I'm not sure how people get projects finished here; I guess better planning that doesn't require Saturday afternoon stops at the yarn store.

Then the scissors came out & I cut the stiches along the yellow center line. Everyone makes such a big deal out of this, but it's not that hard to see where you're supposed to cut.
This is what it looked like after I cut it. The crocheted stiches hold the cut ends together. I had previously knitted on the button bands which are open like a book in this picture.

Just need to wash & block it and then it's finished. I should have used less stiches along the steek - this yarn is bulky and a double-thickness along the front button band isn't too pretty. It will be warm though which is great. This morning the tempurature in the apartment was 15 degrees Celcius (that's 59 degrees)!
2 comments:
Good job Emily! The sweater looks awesome! MIss you guys. Just sitting here looking forward to having an iced tea in our 90 degree heat!
oh and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY - seeing as how they don't celebrate it there!
Post a Comment