Monday, May 31, 2010

New Year's Eve 2009

On the last day of 2009, Dan and I spent the afternoon cross country skiing at Lapham Peak near Delafield, Wisconsin. It was a beautiful day for skiing.




Dan wearing the scarf I made him...isn't he sweet?  It was pretty darn chilly that day; we were all bundled up.


This must have been taken early in the day. I don't think I was smiling this much after getting lost and skiing much longer than we intended. Overall, it was a great afternoon skiing. 


Later in the evening, still bundled up due to dropping temperatures, we celebrated New Years by going ice skating in downtown Milwaukee and watching the fireworks.


Skating was so much fun. I couldn't believe how many people were out there skating in single digit temperatures at midnight. Of course, skating helped keep you warm so once you were out there, you might as well be skating your little heart out.

It was so festive and quite the party atmosphere. There's a news van behind Dan. Unfortunately, we didn't make the news, just the fireworks did.





Before going skating, we had a tasty dinner at some restaurant downtown that I can't remember the name of right now. It was very good, and they had fun decorations everywhere to remind you what year it was about to become.

Requisite arty Cosmo pic -- check.


So long 2009! Here we come 2010.

No comments: